The Doe Network:
Case File 651UFLA
Reconstruction of Victim
Unidentified White Female
- The victim was discovered on February 19, 1982 near Stephenville, Saint Martin Parish, Louisiana
- Estimated Date of Death: 3 Months prior to discovery
- Cause of Death: Blunt trauma to the head
- State of Remains: Partial Skeleton
- Formerly Hot Case 205
- Estimated age: 40-55 years old
- Approximate Height and Weight: 5'4".
- Distinguishing Characteristics: Previously injured nose, left rib, and three vertebra.
- Skeletal Findings: Antemortem trauma to the nose with remodeling in surrounding areas; antemortem fracture on left 7th rib; antemortem compression fractures on thoracic verts 5 through 7.
- Clothing: Western style green plaid shirt, size 12.
- Jewelry: Two rings, a 3 stone engagement ring and a gold ring with an emerald stone.
She also had a pendant with a bull and a star.
- Dentals: Upper and lower jaw had no teeth during life; pronounced bone resorption and remodeling suggest a long-term denture wearer, though no dentures were recovered at scene.
- DNA: Complete - Profile available at state lab
The victim was located on the river side (Belle River) of the levee in a wooded area at the Nine Mile Board, off of Highway 70, near Stephenville, Louisiana on February 19, 1982.
The victim suffered a severe facial injury shortly before her death.
If you have any information about this case please contact:
Agency Name: LSU FACES Lab
Agency Contact Person: Dr. Ginesse Listi
Agency Phone Number: 225-578-3906
St. Martin Parish Sheriff's Department
Captain Ginny Higgins
You may remain anonymous when submitting information.
LSU Case Number:
LSU Faces Lab
Return to the Unidentified Victims' Index