The Doe Network:
Case File 581UFCA
- The victim was discovered on July 11, 1971 in Montrose, Los Angeles County, California
- Estimated Date of Death: approximately seven months
- State of Remains: Skeletal
- Estimated age: 15 - 25 years old
- Approximate Height and Weight: 5' 8"; 130 lbs.
- Distinguishing Characteristics: Race undetermined. Kinky black/brown/reddish hair. Long tapered fingers; long feet; manicured fingernails.
- Clothing: Orange/yellow skirt, 27" at waist, 34" at hip, 22" in length; full 34" white slip, lace trim; white turtle neck knit sweater, 14 1/2" shoulder to shoulder; white 34 A bra, Loveable brand; white socks, possible thermal or athletic.
- Jewelry: 1957 Bulova ladies watch. Yellow metal case with yellow metal expansion band with broken link. Serial number T 556641.
- Fingerprints: Not Available
- Dentals: Available. Full set of teeth; slight gap in top front teeth. She had Torus palatinus that is a bony growth on the palate
The Victim was located approximately fifty feet down an embankment from the north side Angeles Crest Highway 1/4 mile West of Red Box Canyon Ranger Station, in Montrose, California on July 11, 1971.
Victim's Watch front & back.
If you have any information about this case please contact:
Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Office
Homicide Cold Case Unit
Detective Richard C. Kennerly
You may remain anonymous when submitting information.
Agency Case Number:
Jane Doe # 39
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.
LASD Homicide Cold Case Unit
Return to the Unidentified Victims' Index