The Doe Network:
Case File 44UFLA
Reconstruction of Victim
Unidentified White Female
- Discovered on December 5, 1981 in Martinville, St. Martin Parish, Louisiana.
- Cause of death was Vehicle/pedestrian accident.
- Estimated age: 25-35 years old
- Approximate Height and Weight: 5'0"; 130 - 140 lbs.
- Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown and wavy, short hair, brown eyes. Surgical scar on abdomen. Healed fracture to the left cheek bone.
- Clothing: She was wearing a gray and black, "Coronet Casual" brand, cowl neck sweater with long sleeves and collar, size small. Wrangler jeans, size 30" X 31", white knee socks, a "Gelmart" bra and red and gray "Pro Wings" jogging shoes, size unknown. Clothing with body includes a short-sleeved plaid cowboy style shirt, size 14.5; 3 pairs of "Sears" large-sized (Hips 38-40) underwear in blue, red and beige; "Wrangler" blue jeans, Misses size 10; white with blue dots night gown, no size given.
- Other: She had a bag from Howard's Supermarket, Port Arthur, TX. She is believed to be French speaking, based on her clothing and other things, but from Quebec or perhaps another French speaking area rather than from Cajun country.
- Fingerprints: Available
- Dentals: Available. Teeth #1,16,17 and 32 not seen, possible congenital absence or antemortem loss. Amalgam fillings noted on teeth #2(O), 14(O), 15(BO), 18(BOL), and 30(BOL).
- DNA: Available at state lab.
The victim was last seen alive at a truck stop trying to hitch a ride.
She was struck by a vehicle on Interstate 10 near Henderson. Officials determined that her blood-alcohol content was 0.3 at the time of the impact, far greater than the legal limit. Her death was ruled an accident.
If you have any information about this case please contact:
St. Martin Parish Sheriff's Office
Agency Name: LSU FACES Lab
Agency Contact Person: Dr. Ginesse Listi
Agency Phone Number: 225-578-3906
You may remain anonymous when submitting information.
LSU FACES Case Number:
LSU FACES Lab
Return to the Unidentified Victims' Index