The Doe Network:
Case File 156UFNV
Pictures of Victim. Left and Right reconstructions by Wesley Neville
Unidentified White Female
- Located on July 17, 1982 at Mount Rose Highway above Lake Tahoe, Washoe County, Nevada.
- Cause of death was homicide. The victim had been shot.
- Estimated date of death: Less than 24 hours prior.
- Estimated age: Late 20's to early 30's
- Approximate Height and Weight: 5'5˝"; 112 lbs.
- Distinguishing Characteristics: Hazel eyes; brown shoulder-length hair that was tied up on her head in a bun. She had a 4 - 5" surgical scar on the abdomen and a vaccination scar on the upper left arm. The big toenail on the left foot was black from extensive bruise. She may have given birth to at least one child.
- Dentals: Her dental work indicated that she may have lived in Europe.
- Clothing: She wore a white lace bathing suit, size medium, underneath Lee Rider blue jeans and a powder-blue, size medium, sleeveless T-shirt. She also wore pale yellow tennis shoes, size 6.
Hikers found this victim slumped forward over a log as if she had been tying her shoe when her attacker shot her from behind.
The detective in charge of the case surmises that she knew her attacker.
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Washoe County Sheriff's office
Detective Rick Garretson
Agency Case Number:
Source Information: Secret Witness
Return to the Unidentified Victims' Index