The Doe Network:
Case File 1497UMWI
Unidentified White Male
- The victim was discovered on September 30, 1976 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Estimated Date of Death: Weeks prior
- Estimated age: 40-60 years old
- Approximate Height and Weight: .
- Distinguishing Characteristics: Short and curly black colored hair with some grey. The hair was coarse and had bilateral male pattern frontal recession. Circumcised.
- Tattoos: A black colored tattoo that stated "Norm" in script writing was located to the to the lateral aspect of the mid-portion of his upper left arm.
- Clothing: Jacket - navy blue colored, waist length with zipper, no size available. Pants - brown colored cotton with no size available. Belt - black colored, size 34. Under Shirt - navy blue colored, "Mayo Spruce" brand, size 38-40. Shirt - green colored work type cotton with long sleeves, "Penny's Big Mac" brand, no size available. Shoes - black colored work type oxfords with laces, size 10.5. Socks - black colored. $2.13 in U.S. coins were found in his pockets.
- Dentals: Full upper and lower dentures were present in the mouth. No identifying markings were on the dentures. Several teeth are missing from the upper denture and other teeth are broken.
- Fingerprints: Available
- DNA: Available
The victim was located floating face down in Lake Michigan on September 30, 1976 near 900 North Lincoln Memorial Drive, Milwaukee, WI.
The deceased had no identification on him.
Toxicology tests only showed that the urine contained a trace of Amphetamine.
If you have any information about this case please contact:
Milwaukee County Medical Examiners Office
You may remain anonymous when submitting information.
Agency Case Number:
Return to the Unidentified Victims' Index