The Doe Network:
Case File 144UMHI
Reconstruction of Victim
Unidentified White Male
- Located in July 18, 1993 in Waimanalo, Oahu, Hawaii.
- Estimated Date of Death: 20-30 years prior to discovery
- Partial Skeleton
- Estimated age: 35-45 years old
- Approximate Height and Weight: 5'9"
- Distinguishing Characteristics: Athletic build. Surgery to right ankle; 2 surgical screws present in distal right fibula. Skeletal dindings suggestive of repeated exposure to water such as swimming or surfing; evidence of stress to hips & ankles possibly from surfing; during life had a "very significant square jaw appearance".
- Clothing: White "Activewear" athletic shorts (waist 36"); 3 pieces of cloth that appear to be from athletic socks, white in color with yellow & red bands.
- Dentals: Available. Evidence of orthodontic braces worn in life due to absence of four 1st premolars & nearly perfect symmetry & alignment of the teeth in both the mandible & maxillae.
- Other: Full body x-rays available.
- DNA: mtDNA Profile available in FBI NMPDD.
The victim was found on July 18, 1993 in the sand at Bellows Air Force station, between Olomana Golf Course and Keolu Hills on the island of Oahu, Hawaii.
Erosion of the sand exposed his remains.
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Honolulu Police Department
Department of the Medical Examiner - Honolulu
Agency Case Number:
Return to the Unidentified Victims' Index