The Doe Network:
Case File 1001UMCA
Unidentified White Male
- The victim was discovered on April 18, 1981 in Santa Clarita, Los Angeles County, California
- Estimated Date of Death: less than one year prior.
- Skeletal remains
- Estimated age: 20-28 years old
- Approximate Height and Weight: 6'0" -183 cm
- Distinguishing Characteristics: Long dark brown hair. He had a heavy build and thick eyebrows.
- Clothing: Blue Levi, button-front jeans; a loose knit, green sweater with a hand-sewn zipper on the front; and a short-sleeve, light yellow shirt with “Mel’s Blizzard Room” embroidered on the back. The shirt is identified as a “Shorty’s Bowlaway” type and a “George London Original” brand. The shirt has been out of manufacture for over 30 years, and may have been purchased by the decedent at a used clothing store.
- Dentals: Available.
The victim was located off Soledad Canyon Road in Santa Clarita, CA 91350.
If you have any information about this case please contact:
Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Office
Cold Case Unit
You may remain anonymous when submitting information.
Agency Case Number:
John Doe# 142
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.
National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
Return to the Unidentified Victims' Index