The Doe Network:
Hot Case 588
Unidentified White Male
- The victim was discovered on July 7, 1982 in Collier County, Florida
- Cause of Death: Multiple gunshot wounds
- State of Remains: Decomposed
- Estimated age: 21-35 years old
- Approximate Height and Weight: 6'0"; 140-165 lbs.
- Distinguishing Characteristics: Possibly Hispanic. He had Latin features. He had a heavy build with dark brown to black hair, short hair (almost shaved), neatly trimmed mustache. Uncircumcised.
- Clothing: Straight leg, rolled at the cuff, dress style, blue jeans Lavie brand, 32 inch waist; Brown leather belt with "Bonded leather made in Haiti", "1684", and "32" stamped on the reverse; Kingsportsize 14.5- 15 (small) maroon cotton, short sleeve, button up with pocket shirt with printed collar, Made in Korea; Size 8.5D "Sir Imperial - Quality Footwear", black, diagonal zipper, dress ankle boots, made in Korea; Grey, patterned, thin, stretch socks; Jockey-type underwear.
- Fingerprints: NCIC fingerprint classification available.
The victim was located by a vacationing tourist from New Jersey, floating in the Tamiami Canal, north of US 41, 1.2 miles from the Oasis Ranger Station, in Collier County, Florida on July 7, 1982.
Detectives believe the man may have been slain on the state's East Coast and dumped in Collier.
If you have any information about this case please contact:
Florida Medical Examiner Office
Michael Britt District 20
239-434-5020, extension 1
You may remain anonymous when submitting information.
Agency Case Number:
Miami Herald, The (FL)