The Doe Network:
Hot Case 1609
Unidentified Black Male
- The victim was discovered on June 25, 1980 in Nash County, North Carolina
- Estimated Date of Death: 3-5 Days prior
- State of Remains: Decomposed
- Estimated age: 50-70 years old
- Approximate Height and Weight: 6’1”; 190 lbs.
- Distinguishing Characteristics: Black, short, curly hair with some graying; beard and mustache. 4 cm scar on lower right abdomen. Wired healed fracture in the left superior portion of the mandible and the right inferior portion. Missing appendix; multiple healed linear incisions of scalp, status post left craniotomy (x2), residual left subdural hematoma.
- Clothing: Dark and light blue striped pants - woolen cotton.
- Fingerprints: Partial prints available
- Dentals: Available; left lower cuspid has a restoration.
The victim was found in the Tar River in Nash County, North Carolina on June 25, 1980.
If you have any information about this case please contact:
You may remain anonymous when submitting information.
Agency Case Number:
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.