The Doe Network:
Case File 1285UMAR
Unidentified Black Male
- The victim was discovered on May 9, 1983 in West Memphis, Crittenden County, Arkansas
- Date of Death: May 9, 1983
- Estimated age: 25-50 years old
- Approximate Height and Weight: 5'8"; 160 lbs.
- Distinguishing Characteristics: Kinky brown-black hair measuring 2 inches; brown eyes.
- Marks, Scars: 4 inch scar on right lower abdominal; oval 2 inch scar on right elbow. Multiple scars (non-horizontal) are present; Tattoos include: birds beak on the right upper anterior shoulder. On the right lateral upper arm are the letters "LUIC" and below this "NOEMI". Mid anterior aspect of the upper right forearm is the word "VENGANZA". Left deltoid area is "duro" below this "con" and others.
- Clothing: Jockey briefs; blue short sleeved shirt; brown wool padded jacket; long sleeved chicken feather filled blue synthetic jacket; light brown hooded sweater; 2 pair of blue Levis; white belt; long sleeved polyester jacket.
- DNA: No sample available to submit.
- Dentals: Available
- Fingerprints: Not Available
The victim was a pedestrian who was struck by a truck while he was walking East bound at the junction of Interstate 40 and 55 on May 9, 1983 in West Memphis, Arkansas.
If you have any information about this case please contact:
Crittenden County Coroners Office
You may remain anonymous when submitting information.
Agency Case Number:
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.
Return to the Unidentified Victims' Index